๐Ÿ‚Fall penpal letter inspo | theme ideas, goodies, envelope art

Hey readers! Hope you guys are doing well. I love writing letters so much - it's a great way to stay connected with friends while unleashing your creative side. Writing letters, of course, is perfect for any time of the year, but there's something extra cozy about writing a letter during the fall. Without further ado, let's get right into it!

Theme ideas

I have a theme for every letter I write to my college friend. Here are some cute fall themed letter ideas!
  • General fall theme (pumpkins, leaves, etc.)
  • Harry Potter
  • LOTR/The Hobbit
  • Coffee shop
  • Halloween 
  • Thanksgiving
  • Fall sweets (apple cider donuts, caramel apples, pumpkin pie, cinnamon)
  • Harvest 

Letter art 

Throw away the lined paper - it's time to make this fun! When I write letters, I also love to put a bunch of pictures in it so my penpal can see how I'm doing (and of course, it looks cute, doesn't it?)

pictures from Pinterest





Goodies to send

  • Fall themed stickers
  • Fall themed bookmarks (I couldn't find the exact one but I got like this for my friend)
  • Tea bag
  • Foliage pictures (this one is great if your penpal doesn't get to see the foliage!)
  • Pretty leaves (I've collected some from several places and I am going to label where I got them from)
  • Fall coloring pages to send back and forth!
  • Fall themed crossword

Envelope art

Decorating envelopes is soooo fun. I like to make the part where I write the address not too busy, so it doesn't confuse the mailman and the mailing system - but I've gotta spice it up a little bit ๐Ÿ˜‰ Come on, let's create an envelope that won't go into the recycle bin!

pictures from Pinterest






Tips + ideas

  • Use a wax seal. This looks soooo cute! I melt my wax over a candle. I have these wax beads and this wax stamp. I'll probably get the wax warmer set soon too - they were out of stock last time I checked!
  • Play games with your penpal - my friend and I play tic-tac-toe and hangman. It's suuuuper slow but suuuuper fun ๐Ÿ˜…
  • Don't make the letter too long if you think your penpal is busy...
  • but then don't make it too short either ๐Ÿ˜… Be the baby bear - just right! 
Check out my Pinterest board for more penpal ideas!

Your turn!

Do you have a penpal? Do you have any tips? What's one thing you are looking forward to this season?

See you around!





Comments

  1. Cute ideas! I don't have a penpal, but it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I write to my friend who's in college. Sometimes I write to my cousins or other long-distance friends. You should try it if you get the chance!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts