How to throw a welcome summer party



Spring is over and summer is officially here. A season like summer deserves to be celebrated, right? 

On my little brother's first day of summer vacation, we threw a little party. Not a huge one, like the ones I'm well-known for planning, where we invite more than 50 people and rent a bounce house and hire a magician and order an ice cream cake - but a simple party with sibling fun. 

It's not hard, and my siblings were pretty excited! So, let me take you through each part of our "party" 😉

Decorations


Decorations were pretty simple. I decorated a poster to say "hello summer" and drew fun summer designs all over it. But for the rest, I just used some leftover decorations from parties we've had! I love the star spinners that I hung on the ceiling! To hang them up, I used some poster putty. It didn't leave any marks! I also hung a homemade tassel garland up. 



For the table, I drew on a dollar store chalkboard I got a few years ago. Then I used some popsicle decorations Elijah had brought home from school. Then I used a whiteboard to write activities for the day!

Activities



We did a variety of summer activities, both indoor and out! Shown in the picture above is the game "horse." They had to stand behind a line and throw the ball in the basket. If they made the basket, they got a point. If they missed, they got a letter from the word "horse." Whoever spelled "horse" first lost - and the one with the most points won!



Elijah and Eliyah also enjoyed face paint. I got a set from Michaels and have been having some fun with it! I painted an ice cream on Eliyah's face and two snakes on Elijah's face.

I had Elijah write in his summer journal. In his summer journal, he writes about his day and draws a picture. It's a great keepsake! 


Chalk was pretty fun, too! 

We also did some coloring - I love these ones! So adorable 😍

Treats


What party would be complete without some treats? We had the classic ice cream on a cone. Some other ideas are brownies + lemonade, cookies, blondies, cake, cupcakes, or s'mores! And of course, check Pinterest for ideas 😉


Food


My attempt at a fun lunch! I tried to cut their PB & Js in the shape of a dolphin. That didn't work too well. I made little boats out of clementine slices and cheese. Then I spread goldfish on their plate. I got this idea somewhere on the internet 😁

Bonus: Elf visit!


The last time our elves visited was on Easter. Luckily, they came back in time to celebrate summer! Look at them, enjoying their pool party. I'm getting a little jealous!

Your turn!

How are you celebrating the summer? Will you have a little party with your siblings?



See you around!



Comments

  1. This looks so fun! I'm glad you had a fun party with your siblings and made some nice memories. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diamond! I'm glad they had a fun time :)

      Delete
  2. This is sooo cool and looks like a lot of fun! You’re making me want to set up a party 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ty! I think you mentioned that you don't have younger siblings. Do you have older siblings? If not, you could throw a party with friends or for yourself! (I mean, any excuse to party, right?!)

      Delete
  3. That looks like so much fun!!! I love all the ideas. They must have had so much fun! Makes me wish I had siblings to do stuff like this with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts