Mother's Day Gift Ideas (homemade and store-bought!)

Hi guys, welcome or welcome back! Mother's Day is coming up, so I am going to be sharing some gift ideas for your mom. These are great gifts to make/buy with your siblings. We usually give our mom a combination of homemade gifts and store-bought gifts. Of course, the homemade ones are her favorite 😊One awesome thing about having siblings is that you can get a much nicer gift. We take the price and divide it by four! Awesome, right? (sorry only children!)

Tried and true gifts

Here are some gifts that my siblings and I have already given my mom. She loved them all! But she might be biased 😉



  • Mama & children sign. This is one of my favorites. I made it with none other than my cricut maker! It's pretty simple to make. I think I saw it online somewhere? For all cricuters who know these terms, I designed it by writing the word "Mama" and slicing the center. I put our names on the inside using the I Love Glitter font (which is free to download!) I cut it onto black permanent vinyl and transferred it to a wooden plaque from Michael's that I painted. I think it turned out pretty cute!    

  • Framed picture. I gave this to my mom for Christmas, actually. I used my cricut maker to cut out the "Miami 2023" and put it on a frame from Walmart. Then I put a picture of us from our trip! You don't have to have a cricut for this gift, though. You could always put a picture without the words or write the words on with a marker.

  • Customized t-shirt. This was one of the first cricut projects I did! It didn't turn out amazing put it was still nice. We got this shirt, but the gray isn't available anymore. 
  • Gift basket. I don't know where the picture of this is! We got a basket from HomeGoods and filled it with the Mama and children sign, candles, perfume, and a couple handmade things. 

More gifts

Handmade Gifts

  • A song. This year, I rewrote a sweet Mother's Day song for my mom. I recorded my voice and put it in a video with pictures and videos of me growing up. I can't wait to show it to her! I've literally been waiting since January 😅 I'll post the song on the blog around Mother's Day, so stay tuned 😉
  • A bookmark. There are so many ways you can do this! Use watercolors, colored pencils, or even design one on Canva and print it out. This is especially great if your mom loves to read, of course!
  • A poem or story. I know a lot of you guys like to write! Your mom will love it if you put time into writing something for her. 
  • A thank you note. Add a little to the traditional mother's day card. Your mom has done so much for you, and the least you could do is to say thank you! A fun challenge would be to fill the card with 100 thank yous.
  •  Bake something. What's your mom's favorite recipe? Try making that. Or bake something new! You could even bake and decorate a cake. (My mom, although very careful with health, can't resist carrot cake!
(I have no idea what happened to the font - I tried to fix it but it didn't work! Sorry guys)

Cricut Gifts 


  • Pop-up card. This one is sure to impress your mom and show her that you put time and effort into her gift! I used this tutorial to make a thank you card, but it was actually for Mother's Day. It's not too difficult to make, but I did have some trouble with the design since I did it on colored cardstock instead of print and cut.


  • Mug. If you have a cricut mug press, this is a great gift! I am planning to make Mama a mug this Mother's Day. The one above was actually a birthday gift for my friend. If you don't have a mug press, vinyl works too, but it doesn't stay as well and isn't dishwasher safe. It's great to use as a pen holder, though!

Store-bought Gifts

  • Flowers. This one is so popular - I feel a little silly for putting it here lol. To make it special, try to find out what flowers your mom wants to add to her garden instead of picking something random. You could also decorate a pot from Michaels and plant the flower in it.
  • Picnic basket. It would be so cute to fill the basket with a picnic & flowers and take her on a picnic on Mother's Day. 
  • Bible case. We got this for my mom for Christmas a few years ago. It's been one of her favorite gifts! 
  • A garden basket. Our dad was supposed to help us with this one last year lol! Buy a basket and fill it with garden supplies like shovels, mini rakes, gloves, a hose nozzle, seeds, etc. My mom loves to garden! This is what we're getting her this year.
  • A purse. This year, we're also getting my mom a Kate Spade backpack. Tip: buy from an outlet - you save sooo much money compared to a regular store. (My mom got me this purse and I absolutely love it!)
  • Personalized jewelry. You could buy/order this or make one with a cricut maker, like I did!
  • Perfume. Try to sneakily find out what her favorite scent is and get it for her!

Your turn!

What are your favorite Mother's Day gifts? What are you getting her this year? Please leave them in the comments! I'd love to hear your tips and ideas. (Maybe I'll feature them in another post next year!)

See you around!



Comments

  1. I love these! I'd just been wondering what to get my mom and now I have some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help 😁 My brother, sister and I are going out today to get things for a garden basket for my mom!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I just bought some stuff to make her a book lover's basket!

      Delete
    3. Oooh! That is a great idea! You know, that kinda goes with the theme of your blog. Maybe you could post it on there when you're done! Just an idea 😉

      Delete
    4. Thanks! Oh, that is a good idea!! And an easy post to do since the next few months are so busy. Thank you!!

      Delete
    5. Of course! I'd love to see it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts